|50 Best Running Stores in 2016
We are proud to announce iRun has been selected as one of the 50 Best Running Stores in America for 2016! Stores nominated for this award were subjected to a 360-degree examination process involving each store’s history, community involvement and included online nominations from you. iRun works hard to exceed your expectations and we are honored to be among America’s 50 best. Thank you!
Getting You Fit
Did you know
there is a right kind of shoe for you? iRun Texas has an excellent, educated staff that will
help you find the right shoe for your foot type.
Our store is staffed by runners that are committed to your fitness success. We will ask
you about your current activities; such as how often you run or walk, and what your
fitness goals are.
Next, we will watch you walk! That's right, we ask you to take off your shoes so that we
can look at your foot as you walk. This helps us determine your foot type-do you pronate
or have high arches? We'll help you find out!
Based on our findings, we will bring out shoes that would work for your foot type. We
watch you walk or run around a bit, and answer any questions you have.
After you've picked out the best shoe for you, we will gladly answer any technical
questions you might have about shoes, accessories, and apparel.
At iRun Texas our bra fitting process is just as extensive (and important) as our shoe fitting process. Although your sports bra is an essential piece of equipment, most women are wearing the wrong bra. We are here to help you find the right style and fit for you. Learn more.
More than Your Average Running Specialty Store
In addition to focusing on exceptional service and products to keep you fit, iRun Texas also provides our customers and our community with the following
- Weekly Free Social Runs - Join us at 6:00 PM every Wednesday night at Stone Oak or Dominion or on Saturday morning at 6:30 AM at Bitters for a free social run. Everyone is welcome. Learn more.
- Special Events - We present special events for fun and discounted shopping. These include product test runs, Ladies Night, Spike Night, Health Care Professionals Night, and holiday celebrations and social runs.
- Training Classes - iRun Texas provides trained, experienced coaches in distance classes as well as 5K classes. We have a place for you if you're a beginner or if you're ready to take it to the next level. We're continually adding new classes to meet needs for strength and form training. Learn more.
- Race Timing & Production - Our timing company, Split Second Timing, times local races. iRun Texas also owns & produces 4 races annually. Need a race timer? Contact us.
- Corporate Fitness - We love to come to health fairs to explain our training programs and fit people in shoes. If you're interested, Contact us.
- Ask the Expert - Health care professionals visit our stores to answer your questions about injury treatment and prevention so you'll know how to keep your body running efficiently. Find the next date.
- Racing Team - The iRun Texas racing team represents iRun Texas at local events. Learn more.
- Customer Testimonials - All of us at iRun appreciate our customers and the feeling is mutual. Here's what they're saying.
Outgoing running enthusiasts with sales or teaching backgrounds are needed at iRun Texas Become an expert in sports apparel/footwear while you help customers reach their fitness goals. Benefits include health insurance, retirement plan, merchandise discounts, a fun place to work. Are you a runner who participates at running at all levels? Do you enjoy being around and interacting with other runners? iRun Texas is looking for part time / full time staff.
For more information about employment contact Michele Allen at email@example.com
- Part time (20 - 25 hours a week including weekends)
- Full time (35 + hours a week including weekends)
- Great Benefits! Store Discounts!
In the beginning, there was Run On! The birth of Run On's first Dallas store came in March of 1995 when Bob and Rebecca
Wallace purchased Phidippides. Concerned they may never be able to spell it correctly they
quickly changed the name to Run On. The two had been doing running event management and
race timing since the late 1980s. Bob had some previous running retail experience and a
notable running resume. This coupled with Rebecca's ability to talk to strangers made for
an exciting beginning. About a year later the store relocated from the original Greenville
and Lovers location to Mockingbird Lane. Soon after came the birth of the Richardson
store, then Coppell, McKinney, Preston/Forest, and, finally, San Antonio.
Michele and Mitch Allen went into partnership with Bob and Rebecca opening Run On! San Antonio in December of 2009. In October of 2012, the Wallaces sold the Run On! stores in the Dallas area necessitating the name change of the San Antonio store. Now we're iRun Texas.