Why Train with a Group?
Whether your goal is to start running for the first time or to train for your next marathon, there are important benefits to training with a group. Here are some of our favorite reasons for training with a group in general.
- If you have a group waiting for you, you'll get out of bed when you might not otherwise.
- With group running, you get your own personal cheering squad. You'll get lots of support and give it too (which is just as rewarding as receiving it)
- A group will pull you along when you're struggling, and hold you back when you're feeling too good.
- Running is just more fun with somebody to talk to.
- Lifelong friendships are formed.
- It's obviously much safer to run in pairs or with a group.
iRun offers training classes for runners of all fitness levels who want to train for distances from 5K to a marathon, to develop speed, build strength & stamina, and improve your form. Here are additional advantages to running in pace groups with an expert coach - like you'll do in our classes.
- Pace groups make sure you're not running too fast or too slow.
- You'll have a schedule and a coach to make sure your mileage and the intensity of your workouts are appropriate for your abilities and goals.
- Your coach will act as a running encyclopedia at your side, which will help you prevent injuries and remain on target.
- Training with an iRun class eliminates the guesswork. You'll know how far and at what pace to workout to maximize training and minimize injury.
- Your coach can also give you technical analysis of your gait and running form and help you avoid injury.
- In our classes we provide expert recommendations for running gear, nutrition, and hydration.
So are you ready to get started? Join an iRun Training Class now.